Fresh and Fun Ideas for Revamping Your Blog's Design
When a blogger first sets up their blog, they are usually new to the blogging world. They do not know much about the layout, and how it will affect their blog. They are also anxious to get started writing posts, so they soon choose a design, and move on to writing a post. They continue to write posts over time, and publish them. Even when they check their blog to review their posts, they generally do not focus on the design.
Even if they did spend the time initially to set up a beautiful layout, over time the blog becomes stale and needs to be revived. You want your blog to be a place where readers are comfortable so they want to spend time to read the posts, and you want it to be use-friendly.
How can you revamp your blog's design?
1. Change the background. The background takes up a great deal of space, and changing it will instantly change the look of the blog. If you use a photograph you have taken, your background will be unique and stand out from the rest. It will fit the theme of the blog, and the mood you want to create.
2. Change the banner. The banner is generally the first thing your reader sees. Just as your face is what someoneembers when they hear your name, your banner is what your readers remember as your blog's face. This is another place you can use a photograph you have taken, or a design you have created. The banner represents the blog, and needs to convey the purpose of the blog.
3. Consider changing the layout. Do you want one, two or three columns? Since changes are reliably easy to make on a blog, try out all three choices and see which one works best for your situation. Some people prefer one column so they can show their photography skills with large pictures. Others will want a second column to show advertising, or other information. Still others prefer three or more columns to include a large amount of information.
4. Change the colors. Changing the colors of the titles and other parts of the blog are subtle ways to change the feeling of your blog, and keep your blog refreshed. Your viewers will still recognize the blog, yet will notice the difference.
5. Refresh the sidebar. Things have been added to the sidebar from time to time, and sometimes it is easy to forget what is there. Take the time to analyze each item in your sidebar to make sure each item continues to be necessary and is current.
Review and revamp your blog's design from time to time to keep it fresh and fun.