Freely Available Marketing Methods – Blogging
Blogging is a communication art form that has been a part of the Internet landscape for quite sometime. It started out as some kind of web diary of personal events used by many surfers to keep track of their daily activities. Grandmothers use it to keep track of their grand children’s birthdays. Parents use it to track academic records and many more use it for a variety of other reasons. In recent times, blogs have gone beyond hobbies. Internet marketers have since discovered the potential in blogging and many are using it effectively to promote their Internet Marketing Campaigns. The best part of blogging is that it is mostly free – that is free as in no hosting fees, no monthly fess and no bull.
The word blog is a corruption of the two words web log, which was the original name for this medium of communication. It was originally designed to act as a personal web based diary or journal. A blog can be used for business or personal purposes and in most cases can be had for free. A blog can be either public or private depending on what the owner’s intentions are. For Internet marketers, blogging is one more tool available for making one’s presence on the Internet visible to other users. Although blogs can be used for business in a variety of ways like landing pages, squeeze pages, free give away and even as a website, some effective ways that blogs can be used are listed below.
- Bringing your audience up to date: You can keep your clientele up to date about recent changes to your main web sites or inform them about new affiliate product lunches. You can also introduce new products or affiliate links on your blog, giving your users a positive and enthusiastic preview before they see the product.
- Postings on a blog can be grouped into categories and archived by date, giving the users the ability to search easily and locate the articles they want. This property of blogs can be used by entrepreneurs to track the progress of their online business so that they can return sometime in the future to see what progress they have made.
- Publishing links to other sites on a blog is not a difficult exercise because of the WYSIWYG editors they all have. So including links to your web sites on your blog is bound to get you the back links that will drive traffic to your website with the result being an increase in your search engine ranking. Besides doing reviews and writing articles, the owner of a blog can also post affiliates links that connects directly to products onto their blogs.
- Leaving space for comments by other users is a way of getting feedback about the products and services you are offering. Both negative and positive feedbacks will help you to improve your marketing strategies giving you the opportunity to make more profit. Most bloggers also use polling and surveys as a way to interact with users.
- Bookmarking your blogs on blog directories can earn you the friendship and recognition of other bloggers who may approve of the content of your blog. If such bloggers decide to make your blog one of their favorites then you may end up getting more traffic than you thought possible.
These are just a few productive things you can do with blogs. Now I guess you want to know how to set up a blog. A good place to start will be Blogger.com which is a part of Google. It is simple and very easy to implement. All you need do is have a Google account, log in to Blogger.com and start posting. Another well represented blogging solution preferred by many professionals is WordPress.com where you can also start by registering, logging in and start posting immediately.
As with most marketing ideas on the Internet, there are always some kinks that need ironing out to get a close to perfect and functional blog. There are solutions on line that will help you to get your blog going, but if you are not prepared to do the research then you might want to get some commercial video tutorials that will give you the edge you seek. I have done some research for you and my recommendations can be found on my blog mentioned below.