Free Email Marketing Campaigns – Pros and Cons
Email marketing is a very effective way to promote your products or services, no matter what industry you are in. Email campaigns have gained a lot of importance among companies in light of the current economic downturn. Like all other methods of marketing, email marketing comes with its own strengths and weaknesses. When used correctly, free email marketing campaigns can boost your online reputation, sales and credibility among customers. When conducted carelessly, email campaigns can destroy your relationships with clients. Let’s take a look at some of the pros and cons of free email marketing.
- Email campaigns are very cost effective as compared to other forms of advertising. You can organize an email campaign in your allotted budget.
- As compared to the other advertising forms, email campaigns are hassle free. All you have to do is create an email that will capture the attention of your clients.
- You can keep track of your campaign anytime and all the time. As soon as you’ve sent your emails to clients, you can gauge how successful the attempt has been.
- Through email campaigns, you can target people from all over the world. They have a global reach in the true sense of the term.
- You can build lasting relationships with your clients, which go beyond sales and purchases, through email campaigns.
- It improves your understanding of what each of your clients expects from you.
- You can make alterations in the content or design of your campaign, anytime you want.
- You can develop campaigns based on the likes and dislikes of your target audience.
· Email campaigns take time to gather momentum. As a result, your opt-in email list will also take time to grow.
· Because of spamming, users find it difficult to differentiate between spam mails and honest marketing emails.
· Your clients may delete the mail you send thinking it is spam.
· There is no assurance that a well designed marketing email will get delivered to your clients’ inboxes.
· Though their reach is global, email campaigns allow you to target a very specific group of people.
· You are likely to face more problems once your opt-in list increases in size.
· It’s very tough to come up with different content for every campaign.
· You may have a hard time meeting publication deadlines.
These are some pros and cons associated with free email marketing campaigns. Before you start developing your campaign, spend some time reading free tips on the Internet. You will come across plenty of free resources that offer guidance on email based marketing.