Fashion Tips for Casual Dressing
On what occasions do you wear casual clothes? For some it may be running errands, attending kids soccer games, parent/teacher meetings, going to the movies, the gym, watching sporting events or having lunch with friends, etc. It seems that, many women don’t put as much energy into building a casual wardrobe as they do a professional wardrobe and are left with nothing to wear. Take time to build a casual wardrobe and you will always feel more put together and comfortable.
1. Choose your outfits in your best colors. Start with 3 colors that look great on you and build around those.
2. For workout clothes buy a sweat suit that suits you in color and shape. You will always look great leaving the gym and won’t be too embarrassed to stop into a store to pick something up on the way home.
3. Jewelry should not be worn with a bathing suit; both perfume and jewelry should not be worn at the gym.
4. Jeans are a great casual item and look better if they are in good condition and are more slimming if they are in a darker color.
5. Women find it difficult to get jeans to fit well and often wear jeans that are not very flattering. To find the perfect jeans for your body type takes a little work, time and patience and you may have to try on a good number of pairs before you find the right fit. You can read my article on “Finding Jeans that Fit” here: http://www.sheilasfashionsense.com/jeans.htm
6. Stay away from tight fitting pants or jeans if you do no have slim thighs. A looser fit is much more slimming and flattering.
7. Match your accessories to the theme of your outfit. A casual outfit calls for casual accessories.
©Copyright 2005 Sheila Dicks