Ezine Solo Ads – The Super Affiliate's Secret Tool
Ezine solo ads can be highly profitable and dead easy to do if you're promoting any affiliate product. It does not require as much analytical knowledge as pay-per-click or SEO, but you still have to apply the proper methods to generate a lucrative ROI from ezine solo ads.
How does it work? You simply pay a newsletter publisher to send your ezine solo ad to their mailing list.
The price depends on factors such as the number of subscribers, the quality of the leads (customer lists are much more responsive than normal subscribers), or the popularity of the ezine. Your ad is exclusive, and does not contain other advertising or messages unless you permit it.
Here are some great tips to maximize the profitability of ezine solo ads:
1) The subject line is the most important part. They will not read the rest of your solo ad if the subject line is not interesting enough to grab their attention and entice them to read further.
2) Write the most hypnotic and benefit-laden words in all caps, but do not overdo it. This will allow the reader to take more notice of the words in all caps. For example, you could say, "This BLOWOUT offer will end after 48 hours, so GRAB IT NOW if you want to take advantage of one of the best deals ever." If they're only skimming, they will at least see, "BLOWOUT … GRAB IT NOW."
3) Create a sense of urgency and scarcity. An example would be telling the readers that the offer is limited to the first 10 (or whatever number you decide) customers only, or up to a certain date or time.
4) Format the ad up to 60 characters only for a more convenient reading experience. You may use a free service like formatit.com.
5) Follow the short paragraph rule. Short paragraphs make it easier for the eyes of the reader and are easier to understand. Paragraph should be a maximum of 4 lines only.
6) Add the most convincing testimonials if they can add "power" to the solo ad.
7) Make your ezine solo short in scope, if possible. The longer the ad, the more prone it is to be worn by the email filters. Treat the solo ad as a teaser that directs the reader to visit the sales letter. However, a long solo ad is not a bad idea if it's necessary, as long as you pass it through a dependable spam filter.
8) Put a "PS" or two that contains the largest benefit or strongest call to action.
9) Make sure the solo ad passes through a reliable spam filter. If the person sending the solo ad has a revised autoresponder (like aweber), the ezine solo ad can be checked for any spam-triggering words before being broadcasted.
10) Advertise only in ezines or newsletters that are identical to the topic of the affiliate product you're promoting. Here are recommended sources where you can place your ezine solo ads or negotiate with ezine publishers: