Email Marketing – Ways to Improve Conversion Rates From Your Email Marketing Campaign
Email Marketing is one of the quickest and easiest ways for any business to increase conversions and profits.
By changing from "selling off the page" to an email marketing model it is easy to increase conversions by a10 times, 16 times or even more. But WHY is …
So profitable … and if it IS so profitable why do so many people claim it does not work?
Well, the answer is simple: most people get their email marketing horribly, horribly wrong and make some simple but easily corrected mistakes.
The truth is email marketing DOES work … but you have to know what you're doing. Simply sending "an email" is like going into the boxing ring with a world champion with the advice "just hit him" and hoping to win.
So here are 5 simple ways to make more conversions and hence greater profits from your email marketing:
- Email more often. I know this goes Counter to the advice you've probably had the past, but the truth is the more often you email, the more sales you'll make. Not only will you make more sales because you're giving them more opportunities to buy, but because they'll be hearing from you more often, you'll have a better relationship with them … and your conversion rates will improve tremendously. By how much? Well, your business may vary, but in my business and my wife's business, we get conversion rates of between 10% and 16% through email and maybe 1% from sales straight "off the page". Yes, you're reading that correctly: it's an improvement of 10 or 16 time or 1,000% to 1,600%.
- Stop being 'professional'. Forget sending stuffy and formal emails – they do not work. People want to have a relationship with you, not be addressed as if they were in court standing in front of a judge. So write from one person, one human being to another, using the words, "you" and "me", even if you're writing to them from a big corporation.
- Ditch the fancy designs. Newsflash: for reasons I do not have space to go into here, the fancy "professionally designed" newsletter templates you're encouraged to use by the email marketing companies and your website designer … look terrible at the other end. If you include images, they almost never get displayed, and even your HTML formatting ends up looking like a dog's dinner. Stick to plain text or very simple HTML that LOOKS like plain text.
- Have a specific call to action in every email. Make it a personal rule that every email you send will have a specific action in it you want the reader to take, whether it's to visit a page and buy something or to do something else. But make sure you have something in EVERY email because you are subconsciously training your readers to take action when you tell them!
- Write about anything! This is a biggie: most businesses write boring, stuffy emails that are just about their businesses. Do not do that. Include details about your life, and pretty much anything you please. Remember: you're trying to build a relationship and you do that by sharing yourself. I've written about all manner of things to my list, from my dog ??messing in the kitchen, to my son passing his karate belt (he has cerebral palsy, so it was even more of an achievement than usual), and I've even written about the operation I had on my toe. And my conversion rate is 10% or more!
Fact is, email marketing is simple, cheap and effective when it's done the right way.