Email Marketing Techniques – 5 Powerful Techniques to Increase Your Open Rates and Sales
The more opens you get, the better your email marketing results will be. Here are 5 email marketing techniques to help you increase your rates and your sales.
1. Focus on the subject line. You really need to experiment with different subject lines. Test different subjects on the same email. You will see that some open better than others. Avoid spam words like Free and Prize.
2. Keep it interesting. People will not bother to open and read your email if it does not contain interesting content. Do not make the mistake of filling your newsletter with sales pitches. Tell stories, write articles, and make your reader's life better.
3. Time it just right. It is surprising how much time of day and day of week effect open rates. In general, avoid Mondays and weekends. But, as with everything, test out different times and days yourself and see which works best for you. Every market is different.
4. Keep it short. One great email marketing technique is to reduce the amount of text and to increase the frequency of your email. This may seem counterintuitive, but it works. People reading emails do not have a lot of time to devote to each email. Do them, and yourself, a favor and be brief and to the point.
5. Make it painful for readers to NOT open your newsletter. You want your newsletter to become an essential part of your reader's lives. One way to do this is to provide great, informative content. Become an essential resource, and your open rates will go way up.
Use these 5 email marketing techniques and watch your open rates and sales go up. You may be amazed how a few simple changes can make a big difference.