eBay Selling Tip – 11 eBay Selling Strategies
Selling on eBay can be very lucrative. Before you begin to sell a product on ebay, you should learn a few selling strategies to give you an idea of ??how this number one auction site can help make your eBay business a success.
Some people sell on eBay as a hobby or part time as a way to make a little extra money. If you are looking for a get rich quick business, this is not the business for you. Selling on eBay requires some work and it will take a little time to build your business and make it a success. Before you begin, you will need to find a product that is popular with those who shop there.
Here are some eBay selling strategies:
1. Set the starting price low. This will simplify more traffic and get bidders interested in the item. Let's face it if a bidder thinks they can get an expensive item for $ 1 they will bid on the item even if it is something they do not want. This will usually get a higher final price on your auction items.
2. When possible, do not use reserve prices. Bidders may get discouraged and not bid if they see a large reserve price. The idea of ??an auction, for most, is to try to see how cheaply they can get an item they would like to own. Use reserve prices with caution.
3. Always include a photo in your listing. When a bidder can see the quality of the item they are more likely to bid on that item.
4. If you have more than one of any item, try selling them one at a time. You will find bidders will be looking for the item to come on the auction block again if they were interested in it before they will jump at the chance to bid on it again.
5. Try to use correct spelling when you write the sales pitch for ebay. You want the bidder to think you are intelligent and in control of your business.
6. Use descriptive words when writing your sales pitch. You can even mention the retail price of the item. This will show the bidder how much less he is getting the item for and he will be more likely to bid.
7. Auctions should never be shorter than 7 days. This will give your item time to be seen by more bidders. The longer the auction, the better results.
8. Make sure your auction does not end during peak bidding hours. Make it a bit after 9 pm And you will see a better result.
9. Watch your shipping costs, try and keep them reasonable. Check with your dropshiper, UPS, or post office to see how much you will need to send the item, and charge accordingly.
10. Try to avoid negative feedback. Make sure you describe the item correctly, so there will be no confusion about what the bidder expects. Also try to make sure the item gets to the seller in a timely manor.
11. PayPal is your best bet when collecting money from bidders. It is a safe way for you to receive funds without taking credit cards yourself. PayPal offers a debit card that gives you immediate access to your money as soon as it is posted in your PayPal account.
Paying attention to these ebay selling strategies will have you walking away with more sales.