eBay Selling – How to Find the Value of the Items You Are Selling
The value of the many items for sale on eBay fluctuates constantly. If you don’t know the value of your items you cannot maximize the money you can make off of each of your listings. That means leaving money on the table or in some cases even losing money on a sale. Here are the ways you can discover what your items are truly worth.
The very best way to find out what the value of your items are is to do a search on eBay. Using the advanced search tool you can filter your results in many different ways. The most useful way to determine the value of items is to use the “completed auctions” function.
Here is how:
- On the search box at the top of the eBay home page is a link next to the search button called “advanced search”
- When you click on that it takes you to a page that has many choices you have to make
- Enter your keyword related to the item you are trying to find a value for
- Under “Search Including” check “Completed listings” – this will only bring up items that the listing has expired on. Click Search.
- Review the results, you can have them displayed many different ways by using the “sort by” box to the right of the top bar
- All the prices in green have sold, all the prices in red haven’t
By looking through these results you can get a detailed view of all the products in the last 30 days that have sold and for how much. It can even tell you how much competition or different sellers there are for each item. Valuable information indeed!