Duties and Responsibilities of an Affiliate Marketing Manager
There are a lot of expectations when it comes to managing a business and those entire burdens are turned to the affiliate marketing manager. Before proceeding to the duties and responsibilities of an affiliate marketing manager, what are the abilities and skills one should have to qualify in that position?
An affiliate marketing manager must be:
o Creative, detail oriented and organized
o Flexible to be able to work with projects that can be diverse
o Positive, enthusiastic, posses the ability to work in fast-paced environment that requires deadlines and must have a certain level of professionalism.
o A team player who can work well in a multitasking office where overtime is in demand and traveling is compulsory.
o Able to communicate well in all aspects of life to maintain and build fruitful relationships.
o Proficient in using the commands and programs like Microsoft Office Applications in the computer. Also a genius when it comes to navigating through the internet.
Down to the responsibilities. To make it short and precise, an affiliate marketing manager is someone who:
1. Support sales of the affiliates with initiatives regarding marketing and promoting to achieve the entire distribution goals.
2. Develop marketing campaigns that can make quite an impact and attain innovation of promotions and campaigns about promotion to establish his company as the leader in the affiliate marketing industry.
3. Optimize and manage every aspect of a program in affiliate marketing. This will include application for incentives, recruitment, daily program management and recommending.
4. Handle all levels of communication with affiliates, answer phone conversation and e-mails that will tackle in the area of answer different kinds of questions about the product, and terms of negotiation.
5. Manage and develop partnership promotional and marketing programs that are designed to build an overwhelming amount of sales and traffic.
Moving on, aside from the numerous responsibilities, here are some of the general duties of an affiliate marketing manager:
1. He has to work smoothly with the people around him, especially the marketing director, in order to implement and develop promotions and campaigns for marketing that will help promote the entire company’s dignity and the affiliate’s goals as well.
2. Manage daily marketing on the execution and development of the project that would include creative developments and all implementation courses; ensure the compliance of strategies and standards of the product; oversee outside agencies and vendors.
3. Coordinate different kinds of projects with several departments internally including on-air promotions, creative services, consumer, online, and advertising sales marketing. While doing so, foster positive and happy working relationships through constant communication in all departments.
4. Executes basic marketing projects like writing briefs, developing timelines, collect traffic tapes and artwork, manage necessary approval.
5. Contribute to the development of sales in materials. This will include collateral materials, sales decks, etc.
6. Fill in, prioritize and fulfill daily tasks and request from the entire sales team.
7. Perform other duties that are required and as directed.
All these duties and responsibilities may come out very exhausting but if you have the true spirit of an affiliate marketing manager, it will come out naturally. A manager is someone who performs tasks and duties that will contribute to the fullest emergence of his or her company.