Dumbest Ways Internet Marketers Lose Money
I’ve made some stupid Internet marketing sales mistakes in my day. Some real bad ones, too.
The kind that, when thinking back, make me wince at the sheer idiocy of it all (this includes selling online, offline, belly-to-belly, by phone… the whole ball of wax – but especially on the Internet).
Below are a FEW of those mistakes. If you find yourself making any of them, fear not.
Even though almost everyone does at least 1 or 2 (probably more) of these at some time in their lives, they are quickly and easily fixed. In some cases, even instantly fixed.
Okay then, here goes…
* Using pressure (or worse, intimidation)
* Waiting too long to take action (this has gotten me WAY too many times, and I shudder to think of all the sales I’ve flushed down the toilet because of this…)
* Using “frothing at the mouth” claims
* Not respecting the customer’s intelligence
* Selling a weak product
* Bad customer service
* Stealing (or excessively swiping) ads and sales letters
* Not collecting mailing list info (I’m still amazed how few websites do this every time someone visits their site — it’s like stealing from themselves)
* Bragging without proof
* And last (but definitely not least)… Using manipulative “tricks and tips”… instead of proven psychological principles that are in perfect harmony with the way people think, buy and actually LIKE being sold by.
Anyway, here’s the bottom line:
Methinks the black hat Internet marketers using all the head games and so-called “mind control” techniques (right…) have no idea how much that nonsense turns people off.
Sometimes it’s actually kind of amusing.