Does Bulk Email Marketing Still Work?
With a plethora of online marketing tools at your disposal the question is does email marketing even work?
If you are a business owner and have a website, don’t expect it to go exactly as planned every time. Planning a good campaign takes a few attempts so expect some grief, expect mistakes and expect to fail forward as you grow and build your company’s contact email list.
No one said marketing was easy. Today we have Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Email Marketing Blogs, Pay Per Click, Banner Advertising, just to name a few.
Nothing can build up your company’s email list as quickly and efficiently as bulk email marketing.
Advertising with email can be fun, and real-time stats can show you what’s working almost instantaneously and a good bulk email software will remove opt-outs, non-deliverables, and even track the opens and clicks and drop those email records into separate opener and clicker databases for future use. This adds tremendous value to your contact databases.
The average person gets hundreds of advertisements pushed in front of them per day and most people do not spend more than five seconds looking at any single ad or headline. This is why email marketing can be so effective.
The email address, domain, and subject header are your first line of action when it comes to bulk email and if you can captivate the reader’s attention with this they will be much more prone to read the entire email and that is imperative if they are to become a new customer.
5 Email Marketing Tricks to Make you Smarter than your Competitor
- Make sure you know what people are looking for in your industry before you compile your marketing ads. It is recommended to do some research and learn what products you have will potentially sell the best through bulk email marketing.
- Don’t be scared to have special offers or discount exclusive to your campaign. It has been proven that a consumer will be much more engaging if you have something specially priced for the recipient. Most people believe they are a smart shopper and will only act if they think they are getting a great deal.
- Today’s consumer is smarter. Don’t write spammy ads no one wants to get. Yes, we have all received the ACT NOW, click here, click here again, and again and again, Limited Time!!!, BOLD FONT and cheap clip art type email ads. They do not work and typically will go to spam and will be caught by most junk email filters anyway. Provide a well-written offer and present it in a non-threatening, non-spammy way. Trust me this will outsell the typical junk most people see and you will be shocked at the improvement.
- Subscribe to your competitors newsletters. If it’s relevant to your business subscribe and get informed. Keeping an eye on your competition is easy and it can be done simply by subscribing to their company newsletter. This is very helpful and can quickly educate you on the market trends and where your industry is headed before it’s mainstream knowledge. It can be a good idea to even setup a free email account to manage this activity, those emails can then forward to your main inbox keeping your main email address safe from abuse.
- Spell check and proofread your ad copy, one out of place spelling error can interrupt the reading and steers focus away from the message you’re trying to send (I know that bugs you, me too!). I got your attention now what’s the solution? There are many free software programs that can assist you in your writing efforts and they can help you be a become a better copywriter. If you use the Google Chrome web browser they offer free extensions and Grammarly is one great tool for this. Open your Chrome browser and select the tools menu as shown below to access the vast Google Chrome extension library.