Combine Two Ebay Accounts
Ebay lets you have as many accounts as you like, as long as your not breaking any of their rules. They also let you combine 2 or more of those accounts. There could be a few reasons you want to combine your accounts.
Do you have an old eBay account that you don’t use anymore? If you have an old eBay account, you can merge it with your current eBay account. Maybe you have a buyer and a seller account. You might have started a separate buyer account so your seller account is not shown. If you started an eBay account to build up feedback, you can add it to your old or current account to add more feedback to it. When you combine your eBay accounts, all your feedback rating goes with it. So you can actually double your feedback rating on ebay. Your combined eBay accounts will show your combined feedback rating, reviews and guides, and your helpfulness ratings.
There are some security rules you have to follow in order to combine accounts.
- You must provide proof that you are the owner of both accounts. For example, the contact information on both accounts must match.
- The secondary account must remain inactive (no bidding or listing activity) for at least 60 days prior to the merge to the primary account. Note: You can continue to use the primary account as you normally would during that time.
- You must owe no seller fees (that is, you must have a balance of $0.00) on the secondary account.
- You’ll need to cancel any subscriptions on the secondary account, such as subscriptions to eBay’s selling tools.
- If you have an eBay Store, make sure you associate your Stores inventory with your new merged account.
If you meet these security requirements, you can combine your eBay accounts. eBay just wants to make sure you are the real owner of the accounts you are claiming. Keep in mind how the account information will be combined.
- Your merged account’s member since date will be date of your older account.
- Your merged account will combine the feedback from both accounts so that the feedback score will reflect the total feedback earned on both accounts.
- Your merged feedback comments may not appear in chronological order.
- The reviews and guides you have written for both accounts will be added together. If both accounts have written a review for the same product, only the review created by your primary account will be retained.
- The helpfulness ratings (for reviews and guides) for both accounts will be added together. The helpfulness rating will reflect the total rating earned on both accounts.
You may want to combine your eBay accounts for many reasons. Just go to my eBay under management options if you want to merge your accounts. I hope this helps some of you combine your eBay accounts. It’s very helpful especially for combining your feedback rating.