Can You Still Make Money Selling Online?
I get this question from my subscribers and prospects a lot: Can I still make money selling online?
The answer [fortunately] is Yes you can!
The online business marketplace, even thought have grown exponentially in the last 5 years, are still far from being maxed out. Think about all the Americans (and people in other countries) that still are not "hooked" to technology, like the rest of us.
Think about how technology is a second nature for small children these days; and when you ask those questions … can you see how you can really still make money selling online?
Today, I want to share with you my own personal secrets to make money online:
1. You must have a good website. The way I see it, your website is the number one, most important tool you can have in your business to make money, support your clients and leverage your knowledge. The truth is that without a good website (and I do not mean just a pretty looking website, but functional too) your business very unlikely will get to be very profitable. Yes you can sell lots of money, but from there to putting lots of money in your pocket … that's a different thing.
2. You must have a killer idea: Being a copy cat does not pay off. In order to make money selling online, you must have a unique, transformational, and amazing idea. The good news, even when you do not think your idea is killer, I bet someone else in the world will thing it is killer, because they do not have your experiences or expertise. So the trick comes down to Who are you selling your killer idea to.
3. You must have a business plan: This is actually the most overlooked tool that any entrepreneur, and sadly most women entrepreneur, should have in their business in order to make money selling online, but they do not have. Why? Because a business plan well written, strategically crafted and tailor for you and your business will most definitely show you the way between where you are and where you want to be. Without it, it's like driving on a storm without headlights, or like driving across country without a map. The business world, especially the online business world is one that make it easy to get lost.
4. You must have a hot copy: It took me a while, but finally I understood that in order to make money selling online you must have a hot copy. What do I mean with a hot copy? I mean your readers must feel and know that you are speaking their language. That you understand their pain and that you know exactly where they want to go. These things are key and imperative to make them trust that you can take them were they want to go. In other words, as obvious as it sounds, your potential clients, will only buy from you, if they really believe you can help them; and you convey that to them, with a hot copy that resonates with them.
5. You must treat your business as a business: Many of my clients, before working with me, have hobbies that make them a little money … What I help them see is that if they want to make money selling online they must understand that hobbies do not make your money. Businesses do! So … you must start treating your business as a business. That means, knowing about the 5 pillars of a profitable business; and how to integrate them and manage them with your already busy life and business.
So, as you can see, I do believe that it's still possible to make money selling online. It's just a matter of having the 5 secrets I mention in this post under your belt … and poof … you will be able to accomplish these results too.
Hope you enjoy these 5 secrets to help you make money selling online. If you did, please share it with your friends.