Can I Survive Off of an Affiliate Marketing Salary?
Good news, you can make a great salary in affiliate marketing. Many people do in fact. Some even make a greater salary than top CEOs. But then again how do you really know that they do? You don’t unless they show you legit proof. Anyway if you do want to get on the right path to building a successful affiliate business then follow these tips.
1) Start off small. Do not try to scale a mountain on your first few days. You should not try to promote very competitive affiliate products at first. You will get frustrated because you would not expect it to be that hard at first.
2) Sign up to clickbank.com. This is one of the best affiliate networks to get into as a beginner. It is full of digital products you can start promoting right when you get signed up. They make everything so easy and you get paid every two weeks for your efforts.
3) Build Squidoo lenses. It is completely free to start promoting an product on a site like Squidoo.com. What you do is sign up and then go to your account and click on build a new lens. After you have chosen a product to promote from the ClickBank marketplace build a lens around a topic that you know about or have a passion for.
4) Get your Squidoo lens found. To make affiliate commissions you will need traffic coming to your lens once it is all set up. The best way to do this is by doing keyword research. Find a keyword using the Google AdWords tool and make sure it is not that competitive by typing the keyword you have in mind into the Google search box.
5) Keep making it better. The great thing about Squidoo is that it is like a blog. You can keep adding content to the same page until you really perfect it. The more helpful content there is the more you will please your visitors and then take you up on your product recommendation.
6) Monetize your site accordingly. In order to make affiliate commissions you need to have your affiliate link appear a few times. I always find it best to have it in there 3 times. These should be call to actions because you are telling the readers to check out a product you recommend by clicking on your link. Once they click on your link and buy you make money.