Building Self Esteem Using 7 Easy Techniques
I’m often asked, “Is there a simple and easy way to self esteem building?” Well, I have put together 7 very easy to implement techniques for self esteem building. All that is required is for you to take action and use the information provided to you.
1. Motivation. Getting motivated to go out in the world and accomplish something is great for building self esteem. When you get that feeling that you can do anything and achieve what you set your mind to, you just never want to stop what you’re trying to achieve in that moment. Find out what motivates you can be great fun. For example finding that first piece of music or film can be very exciting when it motivates you to do what you passionately want to achieve.
2. Stay Positive. If you always look on the negative side of things and expect the worst then you will undoubtedly get the worst experiences. It feels so much better to stay positive and especially when going through a rough patch. For example if you lose your job, instead of looking at it as an end look at it as a beginning to new possibilities.
3. Socialise. Be around people who care and love you the most. If you’re around people who are negative and treat you badly. Then that can only lower your self esteem and make you feel worse. So by being around people who treat you with respect and kindness you can feel good about yourself which is great for building self esteem. The more you feel like you are with positive people who make you feel good. The higher your self esteem will be and you will become a more positive person overall.
4. Assert Yourself. People with low self esteem can act in different ways. For instance some may become aggressive to compensate. The trouble is that by being aggressive you are only making the situation worse and in the end you don’t accomplish much.
Other people with low self esteem can be very shy and timid. They don’t speak their mind or make many friends at all. It can be very daunting not having friends with which you can be around and have fun.
The way forward is make sure you take a step forward and make the effort to introduce yourself and let your opinions and thoughts be herd. Just don’t be aggressive and try come across as polite when letting your opinions be herd and when introducing yourself. You will see that people respect you more than when you were aggressive or quiet and timid.
5. Perseverance. If you have a big project that comes up at work and you’re really motivated to make this project the best it can be. Then when it comes to presenting it and your work gets turned down or the boss say’s its not good enough. Then don’t look at yourself as the failure because your not. You tried your best and that is what is important. The only thing that failed was that the project was not what the boss was looking for. You must still strive to achieve success and make your future projects and goals succeed by learning from previous experiences. This is great for building your self esteem since when you realise you’re not the failure and it’s only the project that failed then you can easily do better next time.
6. Start Experiencing Life. The best thing for self esteem building is to experience life and all its wonders. There are so many things which we haven’t experienced yet which can bring us so much joy and excitement into our lives. So instead of feeling like there is nothing worth doing or trying because it can only bring you misery and failure, just go out and take a chance in life. The only person stopping you from improving your life and having fun is you.
7. Face Your Fears. Do something that scares you each day. By overcoming life’s little challenges you will feel exhilarated and alive once you have done something which used to scare you. Now this can be something as simple as cooking for your family but never doing it since you feared failing. You just have to put your fear aside and don’t look back, keep on cooking until it’s all done. The same goes for anything else that you won’t do because it scares you and you fear failure.
By using these simple techniques you can start building your self esteem right now. The time is now to take action to start living a happier life is now.