Building an Email List: Discover Tips for Building an Email List
If you are serious about building an email list, you probably already realize what other marketers have been telling you, which is basically, "the money is in the list!" If you have been listening that, you are right because it is so true! I am going to give you some things that you can do to help draw attention to you as well as some things you can do to help add subscribers to your email list!
There are people who never realize that it takes a list to make money and then there are some people who know that they need a list to make money but they fall short by not taking action to creating an email list! While it will require some effort on your part, you will be able to continue adding people to that list once you get things rolling, much of which can be run on autopilot.
OK, so you now know that you need a list … but just HOW do you get people to provide you with their email? Here are some important facts about building your list.
- Create value to your reader & building an email list will be very easy (Provide answers to peoples' problems is the key here …
- Create and offer a free downloadable eBook that offers valuable information
- Determine who you want to market to … a little research online is all you need to do here
- Research your competition and market your idea using keywords that are not as competitive as others … remember "low hanging fruit" instead of trying to compete with the "big guys!"
- Use tools that help determine the "low hanging fruit" that will assist you with building an email list
One of the very important steps if you want to create an email list is to use something referred to as an autoresponder, which basically allows you to market to those who have opted-into your list. Trust me, you are going to want to have an autoresponder when you start getting people who subscribe to your email list. Can you imagine having to email as few as just 50 people?
When you have an autoresponder, you have the ability to send out just one mail to hundreds or even thousands of people with one click. There are multiple "autoresponders" out there so choose which one you prefer.
The one I use is very easy to maneuver and understand and it also has great training video tutorials that are available to anyone. This alone makes building a list much easier when you are busy with building email list steps of your own!
Remember this last point. Like I said, solve other peoples' problems and you will attract people to you. Provide value, value and more value and do not be afraid to give people things for free. Once they become a subscriber on your email list, you can then market to them. But again, just remember to provide ongoing value to them without always trying to sell them something. They will remain loyal to you if you do just that.