Building a List, Building a Relationship
Success should be the sole aim of every entrepreneur and must do all that is within his/her limits in order to achieve that. It is important to stop complaining and whining about lack of profits and start investing time, effort and money. It’s the same for online businesses and when involved one should always be on the move, investing a lot of time, money and effort in order to achieve desirable results.
When dealing with online businesses, one should always view the entire community as potential clients, thus maximizing all of one’s internet marketing strategies, given the extent of exposure one’s business will be in direct contact with.
By building an opt-in list which is highly regarded as one of the best marketing tools one can use in one’s online business, it allows direct connections with the people who have visited one’s website or made purchases. It will easily allow one to send updates, emails and promotions to those who are interested and subscribed to your list.
Creating an opt-in list is easy. Basically it is just like an ordinary membership or mailing list in an ordinary shop or club, only in this instance, the opt-in list is done online. Any visitor visiting your website can have a chance of becoming your potential client and that may even translate into actual sales and profits. The opt-in list will not only allow one to easily stay in direct contact with these potential clients, but also helps to maintain close relationships with one’s clients, hence ensuring a steady flow of income.
Another significant advantage of having an opt-in list is that once a new product is created, it becomes very easy to identify who will be the first to be interested in those products and hence one will know exactly those that need to be informed first and given priority.
Below are some of more important things that should be done to create an effective opt-in list:
1. Place a subscribe link or box strategically in your website, preferably the right hand corner.
2. Promote your website endlessly to give it more exposure and to get more subscribers.
3. Entice visitors by using the lure of rewards as well as freebies that can be claimed when visitors subscribe to you.
4. Sending specific and relevant information, articles and updates to your clients with your links in it.
5. It is also advisable to offer free courses to your subscribers, helping to maintain a good relationship with them.