Blogging For Your Business – 7 Tips on How to Blog to Build a Profitable Online Business
Blogging will change the way you do business, whether your business is online or off. Once you set up your blog and become part on the conversation in the blogosphere, nothing will ever be the same. You will want to make sure you get off to a good start, so that your valuable time will make a difference in your business.
First, decide what kind of blogging you will be doing. Will you be promoting your business, expressing your opinions, or providing information for people who are interested in a specific topic? Once you know the purpose of your blog it will be easier to plan what to do next. Here are some ideas for setting up your blog so that you can gain visibility and credibility online, and build your business on the internet.
- Choose either Typepad or hosted WordPress as your blogging platform. This way you will own your blog and have control over its content and existence. The free blogging services provide no customer service and can delete your blog from their servers at any time. You do not want to lose your hard work and effort, so choose a hosted blogging platform to begin with.
- Define your target market and ideal client. Who are you trying to reach with your blog? What do these people want to learn from you? Make some notes and then just start blogging. Over time you will refine what you are writing about and who you want to reach. As you do this your blog become more relevant to the people you are reaching out to.
- Make a list of topics you will be writing about. These topics will become your categories on your blog. Choose your categories carefully, using your keyword phrases to guide you. This will help you to be found by the search engines for your keywords, and will also help people who come to your blog and want to find information on a particular topic.
- Post to your blog regularly. During the first month or so, post every day to your blog, even if you are only writing a few paragraphs. This will help to increase your blog’s popularity as you begin to gain visibility online. You want to build up a strong foundation of valuable content for your readers.
- Become active in social networks to find new readers and get more ideas. Joining Facebook will allow you to syndicate your content through something called an RSS feed. RSS stands for really simple syndication.
- Read and comment on other blogs regularly. You can search for blogs on your topic at Technorati, the largest blog directory in the world. Becoming part of the conversation with other bloggers will help you to increase your standing in the blogosphere.
- Have fun with your blog! If you do not enjoy the blogging process there is no point in doing it. Once you get started you will find that your online business will flourish and you will be able to create exactly what you want online.
Consider these 7 tips as you begin to build your business through blogging. You will find that blogging is the fastest and easiest way to reach people who are interested in what you have to share with them.