Blogging For Beginners – Top 5 Tips to Fast and Effective Blogging
Whether for business purposes, or just to share your personal viewpoints, blogs have become an extremely popular, and highly effective, means of sharing and distributing ideas and content. Getting started, however, can become overwhelming and confusing. While most blogging platforms offers simple, step by step set up instructions, maximizing the effectiveness of your blog does require some time and effort. The following five blogging for beginner tips will help you get started quickly and effectively.
- Get a Self-hosted Blog – While there are free blogging platforms, which are very well known and rank well on the search engines. There is always a risk of having your content monitored and even banned. It is not very pleasant to work for weeks or even months on a blog, only to wake up one day and find all your content gone. Plus, having a self-hosted blog allows you to use your own domain for the blog, instead of a sub-domain of the hosting platform. This gives your blog a much more professional look, plus makes the URL a lot easier to share. WordPress.org makes it very easy to set up your domain and blog.
- Get a Personalized Theme – Do not set for the default look of a WordPress or Blogger blog. Just like giving your blog a personalized domain name, giving your blog a personalized look will help it stand out from the other thousands of blogs out there. There are many free themes available online, but if you are really serious about blogging, it might be worth paying for a truly unique design.
- Establish Your Blog's Purpose – It is not uncommon for blogs to have more than one focus. This, however, makes it a lot more difficult to get steady followers. Decide what you want your blog to be about, and try to maintain focus as you add new content.
- Include RSS feed – An RSS (Really Simple Syndication), is the easiest and fastest way for people who like your content to stay connected to your blog. Simply put, and RSS is a subscription-based alert system, which advises those who sign-up when new content has been posted to your blog. A Google search on "How to set up an RSS feed" is the easiest way to get step by step instructions on how to do this.
- Post Regularly – There is absolutely no point in having a blog, especially a self-hosted blog, if you are going to neglect it. Give your blog a lot of love. Post new content at least once a week. Not only will this help get you ranked on the search engines, but it will also keep your followers happy and coming back.
Follow these simple blogging for beginners tips and you will have your blog up and running in no time. The effectiveness of your blog, whether for business or personal reasons, will also be substantially increased just by doing these basic things. Now, get to it, and happy blogging!