Beauty Tip: Foundation Secrets For A Flawless Complexion
1. For a natural look your foundation must match your skin tone. Test foundations along your jawline. You will know the best color because it will disappear into your skin.
2. Spread foundation on your hands and pat it on your face, then smooth out with a sponge making sure not to pull or stretch the skin. Be extra careful in the area around
Your eyes where the skin is super thin. Do not forget to apply foundation on your eyelids and lips.
3. To make foundation last apply moisturizer first giving the foundation a base. Dry skin will soak up the foundation if not given that base. For oily skin use an oil-free moisturizer and powder foundation
4. On hot days foundation can be difficult to keep looking fresh. Set your foundation in the morning using a loose powder and puff, then do regular touch ups through
5. To cover imperfections apply foundation first and then go back and dot on a concealer that neutralizes red. For noticeable imperfections like very dark circles and birthmarks use a yellow concealer (available from Mary Kay). Do not use too much powder in problem areas because it will draw attention to it.
6. To avoid a foundation line around the jaw apply foundation as usual then use a little moisturizer in your hand and blend it down your neck.
7. For evening mix some shimmer powder with your powder and put it where you want to attract light such as the bridge of the nose, underneath the brow bone, the temples, cheekbone, chin and shoulders.
8. Always use a foundation with a sunscreen of at least 15 to prevent future sun damage.
9. Change your foundation shade if the color of your skin changes.
10. After you apply foundation go near a window to make sure it looks natural. Natural light is the ultimate test.
Copyright 2004 Sheila Dicks