Article Marketing As a Great Traffic Driving Strategy
Article Marketing is a very sure way to drive quality traffic to your website. Being an internet marketer, you should know that driving traffic is absolutely KEY to your business. It’s the life vessel of your business and how much time you spend on this exercise will determine your success!
I like the analogy one of the internet marketers draws – if you have the most fantastic shop with great products located in the middle of the woods, NO ONE will know about it. Same here, if you have the greatest website of them all, but do not drive traffic to it, nobody will click on it, because they will simply not know about it!
There are all sorts of different types of paid and free, online and offline strategies on how you can drive traffic to your website:
– Social networking (Facebook, Twitter, Google +, etc)
– Classified Ads
– Ezine Advertising
– Ezine articles
– Seminar networking
– Business Cards
Here I would like to specifically talk about writing articles. Why is article marketing so important and how it can help you drive traffic to your website?
– Article Marketing when done properly, will attract the type of readers who are interested in your area of expertise
– Who in turn might click on your website (under your resource box),
– Like it,
– And eventually get on your list!
That’s the formula. The great benefit of article marketing is that it helps you to build your brand/name and build your trustworthiness levels in your business field. Your readers will definitely appreciate you doing your research and investing time into thoroughly laying out what you have to say! If you stay consistent with the quality of your articles, you might even get into their favorite’s lists, which is exactly what you want to achieve with article marketing!
A few rules you have to follow to ensure people bookmark your profile and become your fans:
1. DO NOT SELL in your articles! People look up articles when they are in need of information. They don’t want to buy anything, they want to find some valuable data that will help them in their research.
2. DO RESEARCH before writing an article. You want to position yourself as an expert in your niche. If you are new, you realize you do need to learn first before preaching. Readers will not come back to you if they find that what you talk about actually doesn’t work or doesn’t exist or operates differently to how you present it in your article.
3. Make sure you CHECK YOUR GRAMMAR. There is honestly nothing worse than reading articles by self-proclaimed gurus and find numerous typos and grammatical incorrectness in their work.
4. WRITE RELEVANT CONTENT. If you are an internet marketer, you better only write about internet marketing. You don’t want to start discussing skin products in your articles as your readers will then get confused about where your expertise lies.
Now, how can you actually drive traffic to your personal website with the help of Article Marketing?
1. Once your articles are approved by the article distribution and repository service, you will also need to repurpose it as your blog. Be careful here and do not just copy and paste what you have in your article to your blog. Article is more of a formal writing, whereas in blog you should also put some personality in, a call to action, and some light promotion. Another reason for not blindly duplicating the content is that Google may penalize websites that produce duplicate content by removing the page from its index or reducing its search ranking. And, in today’s world, you are who Google thinks you are!
2. Post your article on your social networks
3. Email link to your article to your list of subscribers
Article marketing will not drive massive traffic to your website, but it will drive quality traffic! People who have read your article and have clicked on your website, are more than likely to be interested in what you have to offer them!