A Variety Of Choices Of Online Marketing
Online marketing is nothing but the marketing of products through the world wide web. Would just like to clarify that it also entitles marketing done by email and other forms of wireless media. Digital customer data and electronic customer relationship management systems (ECRMS) are also often grouped together under it. Creative and technical aspects of the internet like the design, development, advertising and sales are combined together by it.
There are 3 general types of internet marketing:
– PPC (Pay per click): Pay per click return to advertising for brands and websites and is done on pre determined websites and helps in generating leads for companies.
– SEO search engine optimization is the process of improving the visibility of a website or a webpage via the natural or organic search results.
– Social media marketing reiterates the methodical use of marketing with other technological concepts and techniques to achieve specific goals for a company.
From a business perspective it is divided in to 3 business models:
– E-Commerce: A model wheree goods are directly sold to consumers (B2C).
– Lead based websites a strategy wherebe an organization generates value by acquiring sales from its websites, the prospects over here are also referred to as organic leads.
– Affiliate marketing: A process wherein a product or service developed by one entity is sold by other active sellers for a share of profits.
It has certain special advantages associated with it like the following below:
– First and foremost it is inexpensive when we examine the cost of reaching the target audience.
– It allows for companies to reach a wider audience for a small fraction of traditional advertising budgets.
Customers can very well research and purchase products on the web because of online marketing. This option allows owners to successfully fine tune their marketing campaigns towards achieving their business goals and cost-volume-profit analysis (CVP) analysis. One of the most unique aspects of internet marketing is that it can very well be successfully traced, measured and tested on certain parameters in a very inexpensive manner. It also has its own limitations as the purchasers can not touch, smell, or taste the articles while buying them. One of the most common limitations especially among online marketing is the fact that the accessibility to technology is relatively limited in less developed economies which restrict access to placed advertisements. The above statement can be understood better than the fact that the number of people having access to internet is less than the number of people who have access to television. However the recent trend has ensured that the Internet has become a far more widespread and accessible medium for a vast majority of people that resulting in more people resorting to using it for purchase.