A Brief Guide to Writing Successful Emails
The importance of email sales letters
If search engines show you the first ten results of a possible 10 million, what are the chances that a person will go through all 10 million results before making a decision as to which result they should pursue? You should then consider using email to its full potential, even if you do have a website, this will not guarantee you unique daily visitors. The importance here is that you need to keep in contact with those who visit your website or advertising platform.
The construction of an email
Research indicates that a sales letter email is more effective than any other type such as newsletters for example. The subject of an email is very important as this will have an influence on whether the email gets opened and read or whether the email will be trashed; ensure that your subject draws the attention of the reader. Your email should start by greeting the reader followed by the body of the email which must consist of an opening, follow-up and closing paragraph followed by your signature. Make sure you greet the reader by name and include a call to action near to the end of the email.
The body of the email sales letter
The key elements of a good email sales letter are as follows:
• Personalization – Address the reader by name in the beginning and continue to do so throughout the email. The reader must know that they are not alone.
• Address a problem – Introduce the problem to the reader by assuming that the reader wants a solution to a specific problem.
• Provide a solution – A solution must be provided to the reader by sharing information that has been introduced to the writer; this can be done in the form of a link to a website.
• Draw the reader in – The use of testimonials can be very useful as this can share an end result with the reader.
• Compel the reader to take action – Give the reader a reason to take action, this can be achieved through a limited time offer or limited number of persons that will be able to join.
A Few More Tips
I hope these extra’s help you with your next sales letter:
• Research indicates that the best day to send out your email will be on a Thursday or Tuesday.
• Always test send your email to yourself, ensure all spelling and links are correct and in working order.