7 Ways to Improve Efficiency in the Workplace
Your business is doing well but you want to see more efficiency from it. You can accomplish this in a variety of ways. Most importantly, you want to focus on improving some small things that can greatly increase production across the board.
As you do so, you are sure to find a wide range of things you can do to eke out just a bit better result. Look at a few methods to improving your team’s and your own efficiency.
1. Establish step by step milestones. When working towards a goal, having small steps to accomplish before reaching the goal is critical. For example, if you want your sales agents to make 30 contacts over their workday, show them that they just need to make five contacts each hour. This makes the goal more sizable and easier to grab and hold.
2. In instances where there is a lot of time being wasted doing things that should not be done, such as browsing the Internet, take away the risks. For example, you have a presentation to complete but you keep finding yourself browsing online. Instead of doing that, go to the park to work. There is no Internet and you can get the project done.
3. Tackle the hardest tasks first. That way, there is no worry about procrastinating with them and instead, they are done and taken care of leaving more time for the important tasks.
4. There will be days when there just is not enough time. What should be done? Increase efficiency by focusing on the most important things. Keep in mind the Pareto principle that 80 percent of the value of any activity will come from the 20 percent effort that is put towards it. Concentrate on that 20 percent.
5. Stay organised and get rid of clutter. Cluttered spaces often means cluttered minds. It will hold you back from achieving your ultimate goals.
6. Offer rewards to those who achieve the goals. These do not have to be big things but they should be something that they want. For example, if a team is working on a big project, offer to take them to lunch if it is completed prior.
7. Utilise resources. If the team has the required resources on hand to complete the task, they are more likely to be able to do just that. Encourage them to do this to increase their efficiency.
These are a few tips that you can incorporate into the day to day tasks to achieve your goals. Ultimately, by increasing the ability to perform the task at the best level will enhance the ability of the group to do well in the long term as well as the short term. That means benefits for everyone.