7 Steps to an Email Signature That Creates an Online Brand
Your email signature is an important part of your complete online marketing package and online branding. However, many people miss out because they do not understand how to put one together correctly. Here are seven steps you can use to create an email signature that creates an online brand and that also encourages the readers of your email to take action.
1. Include a call to action in your email signature. This can be an invitation to grab a free eBook or report or anything else that you want your reader to do. Make it interesting and appealing and something that many people will want to do.
2. Include a unique moto or catchy phrase. This will grab the attention of the person and make them want to continue reading. It can be a phrase that you use on your business card or that you use with your thirty second commercial or anything else that will grab the attention of the person.
3. Remember to repeat your name. While this may seem obvious, the reality is that people get so much email now that repeating your name will make it so that they are more likely to read your signature.
4. Your website. This is a must for an effective email marketing signature. It can also be your blog, but it must be a website that is relevant to the rest of your message.
5. A brief description of you and what you are offering. This should go along with number two and avoid being too different but it should provide a few more details.
6. A reason to act. This goes along with number one, but it is a bit different because a call to action will not do any good, if you do not give a reason why the person should act. Tell them what is in it for them, if they visit your website or take the action that you are encouraging them to take.
7. Your picture. Depending upon the email program you use, this may or may not be possible, but it is another good idea, if you are able to make it work.