7 Secret Spring Cleaning Tips to Get You Organized!
Spring is one of if not the most beautiful season of the year. Unfortunately, it can also be the most daunting because it’s time for the inevitable: spring cleaning. No need to be intimidated, however, because here are some spring cleaning tips to help get you through it. A small reminder, though. These spring cleaning tips are just the basics. Before getting to work, you can try making a list of your own to serve as a reminder of the things that have to be done.
– When cleaning, start from the top and work your way down to the bottom. This will make sure that all the dirt gathers in one place and you can just sweep everything up once you’re done clearing out the nooks and crannies.
– Make sure that you have all the necessary cleaning tools for the job. This is to keep you from getting distracted from your work. Keeping all your cleaning materials together will also save you from having to look for them the next time you decide to tidy up.
– One of the most important spring cleaning tips around: Clean up as you go along. Instead of letting a mess build up, put things back once you are done with them. This applies to everything from magazines to plates to makeup to toys. You also get to keep track of things instead of having to scrounge around for them amidst the clutter.
– Deodorize. Although it seems like a menial task, we heavily rely on our sense of smell. A place can become more or less appealing depending on the scents that surround it. Light a scented candle or leave windows open in areas where you are cooking or people smoke. It will stop odors from seeping into the furniture and keep rooms fresh and well-ventilated.
– Make a checklist for chores starting from the most important down to the smallest tasks and have it placed somewhere visible. That way, you and everyone else in the house will have a constant reminder of the things that you have to accomplish. If everyone follows these ‘house rules’ then you have a lot less work to go about in the long run.
– Don’t leave a room until you are done cleaning. This is a mistake that is often made. If you make excuses for yourself like not having enough tools for the task or having to start on another room right away, the only thing you’ll have at the end of the day are a set of unclean rooms.
– Get rid of the things that you don’t need. It is time to stop being sentimental and start being practical. Although there are a lot of things in your home that have memories attached to them, they cannot be more important than the people living there or your own health. Put away the things that are just gathering dust. For the things that have been out grown or no one uses anymore, give them to charity or hold a garage sale. This way, they can actually go to people who need them and places where they will be put to good use. Lastly, if it’s broken, then throw it away. There’s a reason why these things weren’t fixed when they first went out of order.
As I’ve said, this is only the most basic of lists. When tidying up, it’s great to have some spring cleaning tips of your own. If you decide to make your own guide, ask other people around the house for their input. They might be able to put in something that you’ve overlooked or forgotten.