7 Reasons Why You Should Write a Weight Loss Blog
Writing a blog about my weight loss and body image and eating issues has been one of the best things I have ever done. I had no idea how much I needed to write/talk about these things until I started opening up about them and receiving feedback from people. Because it has helped me so much I fully recommend blogging for anyone who wants to lose weight. It is a great tool to help you succeed if you want it to be. Here are a few other reasons why you should write a weight loss or healthy living blog.
1. Support for your efforts. Sometimes the people you know and love don’t have the same problems as you nor do they have the same desire to live a healthy life. This can be very frustrating and you might want to find support for your efforts. When you write a blog you will find other supportive bloggers and readers online who share your goals and are working toward the same kind of healthy lifestyle. This kind of support can help you in a number of ways.
2. Community and friendships with other bloggers. I’ve made a lot of really awesome friends via my blog. I’ve met a lot of them and have many more around the world that I will one day meet. The weight loss blogging community is very supportive and friendly. You can jump in any time and start commenting/emailing and building relationships with bloggers. You might even end up with lifelong friendships.
3. Knowledge about healthy living. Blogging will lead you to learn more about living a healthy lifestyle. As you write about what you are doing, you will figure out what works and what doesn’t works. And more knowledgeable people will answer and questions you might ask on your blog. There are some great personal trainers and nutritionists that exist out there online and are willing to share their knowledge for free with bloggers. You can definitely learn something.
4. A place to work through issues. Ah, the issues. If you are overweight, there is a reason for it and blogging is a good place to write and think about those issues. For me, just writing about things helps me work through them. If you are worried about anyone you know reading it (clearly I gave that option up a long time ago), then write anonymously under a pen name. You can still get all the benefits of having a weightloss blog and work through the issues you might have.
5. Records of your progress. One of my favorite things about writing a weight loss blog is the ability to record progress while you lose weight. It’s pretty awesome to look back at your weigh ins to see how the weight lost has added up over time. If you are having a bad week you can look back at your successful weeks to see what you did and how that worked. It can be fun to look at your progress over the weeks and a blog makes this process super easy!
6. Ability to share your success. Successes are the best when you are able to share them with other people. It’s sweet when people in your life notice you’ve lost weight after you’ve lost 10 or 20 pounds. But through your blog you can get weekly support for every weightloss. People in your everyday life might not see the pound you lost this week or the new pants size you are wearing, but by blogging about it you will be able to share all your successes big or small.
7. A little extra money. I’m not trying to say you will get rich off your blog, because you won’t. And most of us didn’t start out with the intention of making money off our blogs. I sure didn’t. But I’m not opposed to making money off my passion and my writing, since it helps me and other people, and I do make a little bit of extra cash each month from this blog from advertising. So if you work at it you could make a bit too if that is something you are interested in.
Not sure how to start a weight loss blog? Check out these easy to follow how to start a weight loss blog! It’s pretty easy and you can have your own site it no time.