7 Key Steps to Help You to Develop a Vision Statement For Your Blogging
A Vision or a Mission Statement is an expressed statement that outlined the future state of an organization. In simple language, it is like asking what would your organization be in 10 years or even beyond looks the example of Mission Statement for Amazon.com below:-
“Our vision is to be earth’s most customer centric company; to build a place where people can come to find and discover anything they might want to buy online.”
You may wonder how the Vision Statement was established? Below are some of the guidelines your can use to develop your own Vision or Mission Statement for your Internet Business:-
- Identify your key staffs, set up a training workshop to train them in the process of developing a Vision Statement
- Set up a brainstorming session for all your key staffs.
- Identify a facilitator for the brainstorming session. You can be the facilitator or get a third party facilitator for the session
- During the brainstorming session, ask all key staff what they want the company to be in 2 to 3 years down the road. Scope the brainstorming to be Internet Business related
- After the session, you should have several ideas how the key staffs want the company to be.
- As a facilitator, pick up those most frequent common term used and used them for form a complete sentence
- Once you have formulate the sentence, read the sentence to see if it fits into a Vision Statement, fine tune it if needed.
The above 7 steps process should be able to draw the ideas from your key staffs who has their view of the company in long term horizon. The reason to involve your key staffs in the process is to get their involvement as a way to get their buy-in. When your key staffs participated and formulated the Vision Statement, it is much easier to get them to implement it. Since they are one of the “owner”, they can get into the details of implementation and hence chances of success is higher.