7 Home Decorating Ideas For Interior Decorating Success
1. YOUR STYLE – Do not pay to much attention to trends, go with what YOU love. If you like pink and flowers … use it! Make sure you put up your favorite photos. Our happy moments make us smile.
2. COMFORT FIRST – Think about how you and your family move in the area that you are decorating. Are you using it now? If you are not, why? Is it because it is not inviting? Think about what you want to do in the room. Do you want to relax, play games … Make it comfortable and inviting and you will use the area more.
3. GO LIGHT – Keep the colors of your walls and floors neutral. Add color to the accessories instead it is easy and cheap to redecorate when you get tired of it.
4. CONCENTRATE – Concentrate your furniture and things in one area. That will give you free space, contrasts and breathing space.
5. FLEXIBLE LIGHTING – make sure you provide flexible lighting and spread it around. Nothing can uplift a room as much as the right light does.
6. ART – Big colorful paintings do themselves best on a big wall with a lot of space around the piece. You can also group pictures with similar motives, colors or feeling together.
7. DETAILS – Pay attention to the details. Repetition is an old trick to give your room an exciting impression. Put up 3 pictures with the same motive in a row. Put 3 candle holders in a row on the table … For fall and winter use a lot of candles, gives a special atmosphere to the room.