6 Practical Rehabbing Tips For Beginners
Rehabbing is a fast and convenient way of earning money, especially today when we want financial security more than ever. The recession made people feel that their livelihood is not secure as even big companies can close because of the economic slump. So for those who are looking to earn additional income through rehabing, here are some practical tips you will certainly find useful.
1. Go for neutral colors like tan plush or light beige for the carpeting. These shades are known to give out an inviting feeling to visitors. They can also make a room appear larger. If you do not have any experience in carpeting, it will be better to hire a professional. Home Depot and other stores usually have installers but they will cost you more so you better go for your own worker. Do not forget the measurements given by your installer when you go to store as the carpet will be cut based on these dimensions.
2. Replace lighting fixtures. Brighter lights will make rooms look bigger and wider. Also, be sure to pick the right lighting fixtures for the style of the home you are rehabbing. If you do not know much about lighting, ask the local store person on what fixtures will fit Victorian, Classical, or whatever kind of architecture.
3. Dispose of garbage discreetly. You would not want to dump a pile of black garbage bags in front of the property as that would rouse the curiosity of neighbors. They can even mistake you and your crew for thieves. If that does not happen, they may still pay you a visit and disturb you while you are rehabing the property. What you could do is talk to the local garbage collector. Tell him to pick up the garbage on a specific day and time. Give him a few bucks for the extra work.
4. Beautify the garden. If the property has an empty front yard, you can landscape that and turn it into a garden. Buyers love gardens and the concept of children playing there. Put some plants in pots to give it color. You must also not forget to trim the lawn as tall grass is a sign of neglect.
5. Invest in the kitchen. Apart from baths, the kitchen is one portion of the house buyers – especially mothers – like to scrutinize. If they want a home, make them feel at home through the kitchen. Put everything they might need in that area. Buy a new fridge or a new stove. Build spacious cabinets for their kitchen wares.
6. Lastly, learn more tips online. Rehabbing does not end with these six tips.