5 Top Tips to Build Your List
Think about how we keep in touch with our clients. If you work with clients or in a group you'll stay in touch directly, but mainly you stay in touch through your newsletter. In my own newsletter I share insights of value, tell you what's going on in my world, and keep you aware of my programs and offerings. I love my database! I feel like once a week I get to sit down and chat with thousands of friends. It IS authentic marketing.
Having a list is one of the most important elements of marketing your business. I would bet many of you have lost opportunities to build your database. I had one client who is a brilliant coach and he had been doing workshops for years and not collecting a single name! Once he saw the value in a list and communicating with them, his business started growing.
Think of it this way … a play needs an audience and a ball game needs a crowd. YOUR LIST is your audience and they care. If they shared their name through an event or opportunity, then they care about your message and are interested in YOU!
Here are my TOP 5 ways to grow your list and use it as an authentic marketing tool to help more people and make more money!
1. Speaking. Each time you speak or hold an event, offer a raffle item. Pass a hat and have everyone drop in their name and contact information. Give away a juicy gift and add those names to your database!
2. Freebie. Be certain to have a freebie on your homepage of your website. This ensures that you will collect the name of the website visitor, but it is also a great way to share more about you and your business. Be sure to have this opt in on every page of your website.
3. JV. A joint venture is a great way to build your list and someone else's! Offer a free teleclass together or workshop. As people register, be sure to share those names and add them to your database. Win / win!
4. Signature Link. Make sure to put your freebie offer in the signature line of your emails. You will be surprised at how many e-mails you do send and the number of sign-ups you will get.
5. Write articles. Write articles (like this one) for other ezines and sites. In the author's resource box, place a link to your freebie subscription.
BONUS # 6 Social Media. My list has grown to several hundred through Twitter and Facebook! By simply sharing and dialoguing with others, people will be drawn to your site and then drawn to your freebie opt in. This is my favorite way to grow my list because it's fun!
(c) 2009 Suzanne Evans