5 Tips to Build Trust With an Opt in Marketing List
You must master Opt In Marketing to build a profitable business online. You're absolutely in the business of building strong relationships with our customers. Building an opt in list is essential to this very important endeavor. The reason is that with this list you not only build profit, but also a level of trust not possible with other Internet marketing models.
With this relationship building form of marketing, you have a chance for your customers to get to know you, and build the trust necessary for a lifetime of purchases. This can be done with regular mailings, personal correspondence, or special offers and promotions that are only available to your trusted customers, the ones that opted in on your list. To take this further, you can create a VIP or inner circle status that makes the customer feel special. Everyone wants to have a feeling of importance. Creating such an Inner Circle will increase your response to mailings and make your customers feel special.
What follows are five tips that you can take advantage of today and immediately increase the trust level and size of any current or future opt in marketing campaign.
1) Build your trust early. You should sell your personality first. People want to buy from people they know, trust, and like. Be happy, if your naturally reserved, ramp up your enthusiasm level a notch! Remember, people want to buy from people that tap into their emotions, and people they remember. You can then further build up this trust by pre-selling with useful content and giveaway items. Only after this trust is built up should you attempt a sales email.
2) Provide useful content. This one gets preached a lot. Unfortunately, even though it is talked about about a lot it still seems not to be practiced often enough. Not only should your emails be useful – they should also be in the language of the niche. In other words, use the tone and "buzz words" that exist in your niche that are proven to work. And do not just provide content that is useful also make it humorous, or catchy in some way. Most importantly promote things you really believe in. Add your own unique personality, for that twist that makes your relationship stand out!
3) Provide unannounced bonuses. This is an amazing technique for building customer trust in any business model – doubly so in opt in marketing. If you are willing to give your list a report, software, or other useful item that is useful for your niche, it will instantly build trust. With that trust, comes profit!
4) Always speak to your customers as you are speaking to a friend, and just one person. What this means is you should be prepared to talk to and / or help people on your opt in marketing list one on one.
5) Post Often. I advise posting 4 to 5 times a week. You also have to have variety in your postings. Content, Entertainment (relevant), Helpful Offers, and few surprises. Remember your communication is like a channel for them, so keep it fun.
Keep these tips in mind and your list will grow in quality, quantity, and the will to buy. Remember the key to any successful business venture, regardless if it is on or off line, is to build rapport and trust with your customer base. Do not forget the central tenant of all opt in marketing is to create rapport and relationship. Remember people buy from people they know, like, and trust. You make a friend first and and you'll have a customer for life!