5 Tips For Getting Blog Subscribers
Driving readers to your blog is always a top priority. You must have readers to be a successful blogger. But more important you need loyal readers who subscribe to your blog. You want loyal readers who keep up with your posts, react and comment to your posts and in turn share your content with others.
So how do you get readers to subscribe to your blog. Here are just 5 tips to getting and maintaining blog subscribers.
1. Design: The first thing you need to concentrate on is the design of your blog. Make it appealing and eye catching. Your design will be judged within the first second that a reader sees your blog. Don’t clutter it with ads. Make sure your blog loads quickly and is easily navigable.
Get a unique, well-designed theme for your blog. There are many great themes that are free or if you can afford a designer, hire one. There are so many blog themes available that there is no excuse for having a bad blog design.
2. Create quality content: You must focus on providing valuable content from the very start. You need to capture your reader’s attention in the first few lines. Get personal and keep it personal. Maintain a connection with your readers.
Write content that is aimed at helping others. Keep your content fresh and updated consistently. Have a focus for your blog. Remember providing valuable content is how you get and keep your readers.
Post some interesting pictures along with your quality content. Readers’ eyes are drawn to pictures.
3. Make it easy for your readers to subscribe. Keep your subscription link highly visible on every page in your blog. Prominently display your RSS and e-mail subscription buttons.
4. Ask your readers to subscribe to your blog. You can remind them to subscribe at the end of each post. Use a simple request such as “If you enjoyed this post, why not subscribe to my feed?” Remember to include a link to your subscription page to make it easy for them to do so.
5. Install social media sharing links or buttons. Having a Twitter or Facebook button, for example, will allow your readers to share content with their friends with just a click.