20 Blog Topics for Photographers
1. Share a BEHIND THE SCENES of your photo shoots, also known as Pull Backs. This view allows potential clients to see what it’s like to work with you on set or location. Let’s not forget mention, Pull Backs make for great Pinterest traffic!
2. Share your BEST ADVICE! Where’s the best place to get an updo for special occasions and headshots? How about the popular question – WHAT TO WEAR? This is blog post is the perfect opportunity to spotlight local vendors and start your Business To Business Marketing. Talk to the vendors before writing the post, look for opportunities to help each other. At the very least invite the vendors to share a link of the post or re-post the article. Who knows, you may gain yourself a new business client too!
3. Give blog readers a PEEK inside your workspace. Add value to your time and expertise to your talent with a look inside your workspace and workflow.
4. People relate to stories – Be A Storyteller. Did a client share a funny marriage proposal story or an achievement? Did something make you tear up or burst out with laughter during a session? Connect your photography to emotions and real life.
5. Reveal a monthly photo BEFORE AND AFTER. Potential clients want to see PROOF that you are going to make them look AMA… ZING! Transformations of any kind; hair styles, kitchens, gardens, and YES portraits play on our jealousy emotions. People begin to not only want, but to CRAVE a transformation!
6. Tell your story! Tell your applauding fans why you became a photographer. Storytelling connects readers to the author through humanity. Yes, most celebrities are human.
7. What’s in the Bag?? What is inside your camera bag? What are your GO-TO essentials for photo shoots? Revealing more BEHIND THE SCENES allows potential clients to feel a part of the experience. These blog posts are also a great resource for keyword building, affiliate marketing, and pinning.
8. Seasonal Favorites – We’re not talking food! We’re talking about your favorite photo shoot of the season. This post will connect clients who want to have similar session this season. Use the opportunity to boost mini session sales by sharing dates and times at the end of blog post.
9. Film Reel – Stack up photos from a session like a film reel. Let the photos TELL ALL. This great way to share bloopers and touching moments.
10. Newsworthy – Did you have session with a new author, sports star, or beauty pageant winner? Share the news and send a link with a photo release to local newspapers.
11. Your Favorite Attractions – STOP that picture of your high school crush popping up in your head! Think of your favorite local attractions; the ice cream parlor, ball park, theater, bridge, garden… Write an article about each location with your photography of course. Use this for another Business to Business Marketing Opportunity – see No. 2 for more details.
12. House Tours – Calm down this isn’t HGTV. You simply want to share what a client did with their photographs after the session. Let’s see gallery walls, calendars, invitations, fire place mantels, nurseries and the list continues to evolve. Get those wheels a turning…
13. Color Color Color – It’s a fact; consumers make choices by color. Create monthly or seasonal posts all about color.
14. What have you pinned lately? Create Pinterest boards keen to helping your clients and plugging in your blog posts. Think; WHAT TO WEAR, photography session types, portrait poses, locations, and gallery walls.
15. Ending Credits – Let’s face it, the money is in the end result. Every single time you receive a printed order for a new customer>> PHOTOGRAPH IT! Share these showcases on your blog and social media outlets.
16. What inspires you? People crave to be around others who are thoughtful, intelligent, creative, and you guessed it – INSPIRING. Let your client see that you approach each session with a creative eye, experience, and enthusiasm.
17. FYI – Answer the questions you are asked most. Advise clients on how to prepare for their session, the process after the session, and more. Simply give them more confidence going into the session and feeling much more comfortable.
18. On Location – Doesn’t that sound sexy! Do you have ideas for new locations or always find yourself going back to a few favorites? Share your finds on your blog and show readers that you are always willing to try something new, but have a few great standbys. Use these captures to sale mini sessions at new locations too!
19. Got any new toys lately? Let your clients know that you are investing in the very best for them. Read No. 7 again for more ideas!
20. What’s your hottest post?? Look back at your blog posts at the end of each month. Which one received the most traffic or comments? Write a Sequel or start a blog series!