10 Tips to Help You Plan a Successful Day
It’s easy to finish a busy day wondering where all the time went and when you’ll complete all those tasks you’d hoped to get finished.
The tips below will help you get a head start on your day and make sure your activities are in line with your goals. At the end of the day, you’ll feel good about what you’ve accomplished.
1. Take time each day to plan-10-15 minutes (uninterrupted). Block this time out on your calendar.
2. Before planning activities for the day, review your goals (long- and short-term), and consider your progress to date.
3. Decide on your most important goal and number-one task for the day.
4. List and prioritize all the tasks you want to accomplish.
5. Assign realistic times to each activity, and block these on your calendar. Add up the time blocks to make sure it’s practical.
6. Know when your prime time is -the time during the day when you’re at your best-and make the most of it.
7. Take frequent short breaks throughout the day. Get away from your desk for a few minutes, stretch, take a short walk. You’ll return energized and better able to concentrate.
8. Beware of interruptions! When working on a high priority task stay focused, let voice mail take your calls*, close your email editor and jot a note in a Conference Planner if you think of something important to tell someone.
9. At the end of the day, review your accomplishments, congratulate yourself on achievements and discover what you can learn from the tasks that were scheduled but weren’t completed.
10. Throughout your day, and as you move forward towards your goals, remember to keep a healthy balance between your work life and time for yourself, your family and friends!
*Leave a clear message letting callers know when they can expect a return call from you, and be sure to call when you promised to.