10 Tips On Promoting Your New Blog
One great way of getting more traffic and more importantly, making the traffic come back to your site over and over again, is by having your own blog.
The term, ‘Blog‘, is becoming more and more popular, and these days most online companies have a blog.
How can you promote your blog? Once you get your blog known, if you have good enough content, then it will promote itself, thats the amazing thing with blogs.
Heres some quick tips to help promote your blog.
- Allow your blog readers to subscribe to your own RSS feed. Subscribe with Feedburner. Feedburner allows blog owners and podcasters the ability to manage their RSS feeds and track usage of their subscribers.
- Always set your blog to ping ‘update services’. What is that? If you use the WordPress software, here is a great explanation, here.
- Take full advantage of Technorati. For a full explanation of what Technorati is and how it works, take a look here [http://www.technorati.com/about/tour.html].
- Use the power of social netwroking sites, such as digg.com, reddit.com and del.icio.us . If you write a great article, submit it to these sites, if they get picked up by them, you will see a massive increase in traffic to your blog.
- When writing a post, always make sure you link to as many related sites and blogs. Many blogs have a ‘trackback’ feature enabled which can see what other blogs, like yours, are sending visitors to their blogs. They then usually link back to your blog automatically for free.
- Get your blogs web address in as many places as possible. Use forums, and put your blogs address in your signature.
- Submit your blog to as many blog directories as possible, such as blogcatalog.com
- Link to your blog from your websites homepage, and also in the footer of every other page on your website.
- Get tips from 2 pro bloggers, such as problogger.net and shoemoney.com
- Finally, and most important, write great content that is relevant to your website, and you will then find your readers will do your promoting for you.