10 List Building Tips to Attract Fresh Leads
1. Setup a highly targeted lead generation page. When you cater to several different niches It can be tempting to cut corners and set up a single lead capture page to encompass all of your niches; however this is not very effective. You will get more subscribers by segmenting your lead generation pages by topic.
2. Make an irresistible freebie offer. Don’t insult your prospects with cheap or worthless freebies that they can get anywhere on the net. Offer your leads an irresistible freebie, worth a significant amount of value, that they can’t get anywhere else..
3. Use an Opt-in form on every Page. If you will be allowing your prospects access to your content without requiring a subscription, make sure you place an opt-in form on every page of your website in order to capture as many leads as possible by giving your visitors every opportunity to opt into your list.
4. Use benefit driven web copy. The language you use to invite people to subscribe to your mailing list should emphasis the benefits they will receive. Try to come up with the strongest benefits you can. The best benefits are those that eliminate problems or fulfill passions.
5. Contribute To List Building Give-Away Events. Give-a-way events are extremely prominent around the holidays, but you can almost always find some type of list building give-a-way event going on at any given time. Perform a search to try and see if you can find a list building give-a-way event that is targeted to your niche.
6. Use Double Opt-in. You should always use double opt-in to protect yourself against unwarranted SPAM complaints. The double opt-in records give you a means to provide proof that you were authorized to email a subscriber who claims you SPAMMED them.
7. Instruct subscriber to confirm their email address. Create a thank you page and instruct your new subscriber to confirm their email address. Encourage them to do this right away and and save your one-time-offer until after they’ve confirmed to prevent from distracting them from completing the confirmation process.
8. Use audio or video. Use audio or video on your squeeze page to proclaim the benefits of your freebie offer. You can also use audio or video on the thank you page to instruct new subscribers to confirm their email addresses. This is a very effective tactic. Be sure to test the conversion rates with and without your audio or video.
9. Include a picture. Use a picture of yourself on your squeeze page. You can also use a cover graphic to represent your freebie offer and increase it’s perceived value. You will want to test the conversion rates with and without this feature.
10. Create an email course. Compile a series of articles into an email course and offer the email course as your freebie. This is a creative way of offering something of value while growing your list, and building a relation ship with your subscribers simultaneously.