Before filing and registering for the online complaints, one needs to understand:
What is the complaint?
An expression of dissatisfaction made to an organization related to its products or services or complaints handling process itself, where a response or resolution is explicitly or implicitly expected and restoring it.
Why do customers complain?
• Their expectations have not been met!
• To release their anger
• To help improve the service
• Most importantly the concerns for others who also use the services and companies.
Most common online complaints are against
• Wrong Information
• Poor customer service
• Lack of adequate information
• Unresponsiveness of service provider
What is the benefit of redirecting a complaint?
• Free direct communication from the customers about service failures, competitors offerings etc, without the added cost of conducting a survey.
What an online complaint offers?
• Increase customer support
• Build long-term relationships against the believed services and to take a call to action to the complaints that are welcomed and addressed.
Customer needs in filing online complaints
Needs relating to the complaints
• Needs relating to the complaints
• To have their concerns dealt with quickly, fairly, and properly
• To be given what they have denied and perhaps an apology
• To have action taken to rectify a problem and address a concern
Need as an individual
• To be heard
• To be understood
• To be respected
Further, if one, as a consumer has any grievances about the quality of a brand, product, or service, one can file an online consumer complaint and seek redress. Different types of complaints can be filed depending on the specific issue by visiting the concerned consumer court and submitting the necessary document.With this,one can register for online consumer complaints through the following steps:
The government runs a portal mostly related to the query of Consumer Online Resource and complaints.It is taken in the form of grievance redressal system run by the Consumer Co-ordination Council and supported by the Department of Consumer Affairs in certain countries, it has been mostly observed in the countries, where population is maximum and high.
To lodge a complaint, the consumer has to first register on the site. The online registration form has to be filled in with the name, email, address, and other necessary details.
Lodging a complaint
A complaint can be filed against any registered brand or service provider. The online complaint system has a drop-down menu of sectors, segments, and brands, which includes all brands registered with the Department of Consumer Affairs.
The nature of the complaint, the details of any people involved and supporting documents can be attached to the online complaint. The consequences and relief sought can also be in a particular way.
Once submitted, complaints are assigned an electronically generated number. This can be used to track the status of the complaint until it is resolved.
If you feel cheated after purchasing a defective product or deficient service and are planning to go to the Consumer Court, know that instead of approaching the consumer courts directly, it is more effective to file a complaint with an Online Consumer Forum.