Hiring an SEO firm or agency to improve your search engine rankings is not a decision that should be taken lightly. You need to make a thorough research and obtain proposals from a few different agencies before making a decision. You also need to ask some questions on what strategies they will be working and if there is something that does not sounds you right it’s good to look for another agency.
Here are five main points for you to consider before hiring an SEO agency:
- Ask for a list of their past and current clients: A reputable SEO company should be open to share a list of their former clients. These references can help you to gauge how effective they are as well as you will know that the person did the specific work on SEO campaigns. Moreover, their clients may not give you a specific analytics, but they should be able to tell you if they saw a positive impact on their rankings and gaining an audience.
- How will you improve my search engine rankings? Steer clear of those SEO agencies who don’t discuss their methods in detail. They should explain all the strategies they are going to employ to drive up your website ranking as well as estimate how long it could really take to attain the SEO goals you agree on.
- Do they adhere to search engines’ web master guidelines? You want a consultant that strictly abides by Google’s webmaster practices? If a candidate does not follow those guidelines, your website could be exiled to a very low search engine ranking or worse Google can ban it from search results altogether.
- Are they guaranteeing good results? Any SEO agency can not guarantee a no. 1 position or any position in search engine results within few weeks. The SEO algorithms and strategies change often and SEO company needs to be updated with all those changes. While they give you an example of what they have achieved for their another client, it is not assured that you will get the same position. If any agency is guaranteeing results, look for another company.
- How do you measure the SEO campaign? To gauge the success of SEO efforts, you need to track how much traffic is being sent to your website and where it is coming from? The consultants should be able to use the Google analytics to track the improvement of the website.
Make sure to ask how often they will provide you this analytics and how do they use this data to continually improve your ranking and traffic, both. So, if you are also looking to hire an SEO firm make sure you follow all the above-mentioned points to find the right one.