How can you make money by blogging you probably ask yourself time and time again, right? Better yet if you are a complete beginner, which I will presume many who read this will be, you might even be wondering, what is blogging?
So you have heard people talking about blogging and better yet you have heard that some how these people manage to make money by doing so. Is this all fluff or is there someway that anyone, yes even you, can get a piece of the pie?
Does it matter if you are male or female? No, Statistics show us that 50.9% of bloggers are female and 49.1% are male. Better yet 61% say the reason they blog is to supplement their income! And really, if I had to guess, I would say that is pretty much the only stat you are interested in!
That’s all well and good but you still don’t know what blogging is exactly, correct?
We have nearly all come across a blog at one stage or another on the internet whether we realised it or not. Simply put, a blog is an internet journal that records whatever happens to be on the writers mind at the time. That is really all they are!
Blogs are typically written in an informal tone, as if the writer is having a friendly discussion with their readers. Even though blogs have exploded in popularity recently, still very few retailers realise the potential that having a blog can have in driving sales for their internet business.
That’s briefly what a blog actually is
But how can someone like me and you actually see some of the green from blogging?
First you got to know where to start. You can’t make money from blogging unless you have a blog!
Here is very briefly how you can begin blogging, by this evening if you want:
• You will want to sign up with a free commercial service (blogger.com or blogspot.com)
• You will want to begin blogging!!
What do you blog about?
That is up to you. However, lets presume here that one of the ways you are hoping to make money through blogging is to promote affiliate products.
You will find a product you are interested in promoting, have a look at it, do some quick research on it, learning as much as you can yourself and then in your blog you take what you have learnt and write it back out in your own words. Simple but very effective
This does two things if done correctly
1. It gives you top informative information for your blog, (which is what draws the crowds)
2. More importantly, is positions you as an expert adding more perceived value to your blogs
So now you know what a blog is. First step is to set one up and begin blogging. Second step is to get people (traffic) to your blog, I have a tip, as a little bonus at the end for this step. Third thing you want to do is use your blog site to make you some real money. Here’s a few ways how,
• Sell ad space on your blog. Basically if you are blogging on a particular subject and your blog becomes popular, other people trying to make money online in the same subject will want to advertise on your blog. They pay you and you litterly don’t have to do anything different to what you always do
• Amazon! With this you will advertise Amazon products on your page. People visiting your page will click on the links and be sent to Amazon via your personal link. If they buy anything on Amazon you get paid!
• You can also sell items straight from your page. A good example would be an eBook that is on the same subject that you are blogging on. This is very effective as the person reading your blog is already interested in the subject matter.
TIP: A very effective but simple way to increase people visiting your blog is to go to a forum on the subject you are blogging on and simply reply to some of the questions being asked. Even if you don’t know the answers, research them. You will be surprised as how easy it is to find answers to some of these questions.
The reason for this is to once again to position yourself as an expert in the subject and more importantly every time you post an answer to someone’s query you can link back to your website or blog!
So you have reached the end of this short article. If you take what was shown to you and actually implement it you will indeed make money from blogging. How much will depend on how much work you put into it.
A trick with making money online is learning as much as you can about the whole process and more importantly implementing what you have learnt. There are no magic formulas to making money online. It is done by you and me taking the time to learn and implement. Sadly this isn’t done by about 95% of people who think that a magic ‘push button’ formula is actually out there