So you have a new blog and you think the posts are pretty good? How do you get those posts to as many people as possible by increasing your traffic and starting to make extra money online? It is not impossible, despite what you might think. There are plenty of ways to boost your traffic and start making extra money online. Here are five of the best ways out there right now:
- Provide Free Advice, How Tos, and Downloads – People are all about getting free things. If you can offer free advice, how to articles or downloads they can use, they will bookmark your site and keep coming back. You just need to maintain a steady flow of new, useful content to your site.
- Comment On Other Blogs – Go out and meet your fellow bloggers. Not only might they plug you or link to you in their blog roll, other readers might see your comments and click through to your site from them. This is a top way to make extra money and get more traffic.
- Respond to Your Own Comments – If someone comments on your blog, write back. People love to feel engaged when they read a blog and if you are actively communicating with them, they will come back for more. This is a great way to grow your involvement and make extra money by keeping on your new readers.
- Write with the Promise of More – Write posts that promise more of the same later. This could be any kind of multi-part posting with Part 1-5 or just a hub page where you start filling in popular posts from the top down. You might link to these popular posts, promise updates in the future or have regular features on certain days of the week that readers would look forward to.
- Use Social Bookmarking Sites – Have links on each post to Digg, Delicious, Facebook, and Yahoo! for social bookmarking. This lets your readers bookmark posts and if they do not, you can do it yourself. Either way, you gain from wider exposure and more traffic through these top services – a great way to make money from home.
If you use all five of these steps effectively, you can all but guarantee more traffic to your blog and a growing number of visitors to your site each day to make extra money online from and continue to grow with.